In accordance with Indiana Department of Education and IHSAA guidance, and with the recent approval of the school board, Southern Wells will be allowed to resume athletic activities on Monday, July 6th! The coaches could not be more excited to begin to work with their athletes again after this extended time apart. As we reopen the facilities, we will be following some important protocols to help insure the health and safety of our athletes and coaches. Below is a list of important safety measures that will be in place.
- All athletes are expected to self-evaluate for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. If you are experiencing any signs, including but not limited to fever, cough, headache, congestion or runny nose, please do not attend athletic workouts.
- Athletes must use the sanitation station that will be set up for each workout before entering the workout facility.
- All athletes must bring their own water or drink to workouts. No sharing of drinks will be allowed.
- Athletes must not share clothing or towels.
- Athletes must follow the instructions of coaches in regards to cleaning of equipment.
- Face coverings are optional for athletes and coaches at workouts.
If you have any questions regarding these new procedures, please ask your head coach. We look forward to seeing everyone at our all athlete weights and conditioning on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 6:30-8pm. Let’s have a great month of July as we work to prepare for a new year of competition!